SELF STORAGE TIPS: STORING SUMMER GEAR
August 13th, 2018
How can our self storage tips solve your summer storage questions? Albany Super Storage offers indoor accessible units and heated storage units in Albany NY so you can be a step ahead of the forecasted weather. Now that winter is on its way, self storage can be the solution you want when swapping our your gear. Make room around the house and clean the garage out and prepare for cold weather, with these summer self storage tips.
HELPFUL SELF STORAGE TIPS
- Get furniture covers, boxes, tape and moving supplies in our office. We have all you need to pack your home securely and safely.
- Plastic, metal, wicker, and wood are all materials you should clean before moving to storage for an extended period of time. Scrub outdoor pieces to remove sap, pollen, and dirt before storage.
- Mark boxes with type of clothing or items inside. Make an isle through the storage unit with labels out to help you find things quickly.
- Our heated units prevent the bitter cold from affecting your items. Reserve your heated storage unit now before the cold sets in.
- Lay water toys out to dry while you close up the pool for the year. Store them only after they have dried completely and then keep them from growing mold with Damp Rid or similar products.
- When storing, grills need to be clean top to bottom to prevent pests from getting in. Our facility works hard to keep units pest free and this is an easy you can help.
- Propane tanks should be emptied and stored outdoors, since they are not permitted in your unit.
No matter what the season is, self storage tips from our professionals come in handy. Albany Super Storage is here the next time you decide to move or want to get organized. Let us know what you need to store and we will guide you through the storage process.