April 1, 2020
Movers Guide To Albany NY
Will you be moving to Albany NY? Located in Albany County, Albany is the city capital of New York State. Residents living here are offered a mix between a suburban and urban feel to the community. At Albany Super Storage, we want to be more than just your self storage provider. Below you will find our movers guide to this marvelous city, so see what is awaiting you!
Albany, NY: New York’s Capital
Average Home Value: $173,300
Our city makes up the Capital District metropolitan area with our nearby cities Schenectady and Troy. The majority of residents (63%) here in Albany NY rent their home versus owning, and this may be because there are a lot of young professionals who are living in this city. Albany is full of bars, coffee shops, restaurants, and parks. If you are looking for somewhere fun to explore or new restaurants to test out with friends or family, check out some of the local favorites below!
Local Albany Attractions
You can’t visit the state’s capital without visiting the capitol. The New York State Capitol and Empire State Plaza have plenty of attractions to keep you busy. Take a tour through the capitol building and the Hall of Governors, or see a sky view of the are at the Corning Tower Observation Deck. On the Hudson River, you can walk through the USS SLATER, a CANNON class destroyer escort from World War II, and learn about destroyer escorts’ important role in the U.S. Navy during that time.
Looking for some greenery? Washington Park and Lincoln Park both offer a place to get a moment away from the city and enjoy yourself outdoors. Keep an eye out for the farmer’s market during warm seasons, and take advantage of Albany’s only outdoor, non-wading swimming pool for summer fun!
Restaurants You Must Try in the City
- Grappa ’72 – This Albany restaurant combines the “best qualities of traditional Italian and modern elegance.” Enjoy authentic dishes and an extensive wine menu for your next date night!
- Yono’s – Yono’s is a fine-dining experience that fuses contemporary American dishes with Indonesian influence. It has been named by OpenTable as one of the Top 100 Restaurants in America.
- 677 Prime – Looking for a delicious steakhouse in Downtown Albany? 677 Prime has proven itself as a local favorite through its premium steaks and seafood and knowledgeable service.
- Villa di Como – Villa di Como adds another authentic Italian restaurant to Albany’s extensive list of fine dining options. Located near Washington Park, it is open Wednesday through Saturday on a reservation-only basis. Plan ahead for your next special celebration!
- Athos Restaurant – Voted as one of the Top 50 Greek Restaurants in America by the National Herald, Athos presents an exquisite Mediterranean dishes and “Philoxenia,” Greek hospitality.
- Iron Gate Cafe – A charming place to brunch on the edge of Central Square, Iron Gate Cafe has indoor and outdoor seating to set the scene for a morning of cocktail sipping and meeting with friends.
- The Cuckoo’s Nest – The Cuckoo’s Nest is your premier location for Southern classics in Albany. Find Nashville hot chicken sandwiches, biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles, and more!
- Dove + Deer – Located in one of Albany’s oldest neighborhoods, Dove + Deer is a bar in a refurbished historic brownstone. The cozy interior and outdoor patio provides the best of both worlds for guests!
Located only 8 miles north of Albany NY along the Hudson River, Troy, NY, is another vital component to the Capital District. If you have the chance to explore this wonderful city, check out some of the attractions below!
- Burden Iron Works Museum
- The Hart-Cluett Mansion
- Poestenkill Falls
Self Storage in Albany NY
If you are moving to the Albany NY area, then Albany Super Storage can be the solution you needed. Our self storage facility comes equipped with indoor, temperature-controlled units, 24-hour digitally recording cameras, personalized keypad access, moving supplies sold on-site, and more. Temperature control is a vital storage feature to have for your belongings if you plan on storing long-term. As the outside temperatures change, our indoor storage units will keep all your items secure and free of damage-causing moisture.
If you have any questions or concerns before renting a storage unit, please reach out to our office on Broadway. Our expert staff will be happily ready to provide you with any assistance needed. However, if you are ready to start storing today, give renting online a try and save yourself some time!